My maternal grandfather, who died long before I was born, was Nathaniel Gardner, born in New York City. Nathaniel is my link to this branch of the family.
My Gartner/Gardner family reaches back to Eastern Europe. Mozes Gartner & Jute Henes were my third great grandparents. Their son, Markusz Gartner was born in 1826 Dukla, Poland. Markusz married Devorah Dora Horn. Their son, Leopold left Hungary for America about 1874.
Read about the Gardners:
- Alberta Joy (Gardner) Brown 1928 – 1992
- Florence (Gartner) Weissberg 1879 – 1954
- Helen (Coyle) Gardner, 1897 – 1965
- Leopold Gartner 1860 – 1948
- Nathaniel Gardner 1882 – 1944
Try these blogs & web sites:
Related Posts from Leaves & Branches
- May 14, 2017: Happy Mothers' Day
- December 31, 2016: A Time to Write: The Books Arrived!
- August 6, 2015: Name: Adolph Gartner/Albert Gardner
- July 30, 2015: Name: Moritz Gertner/Arthur Moses Gardner
- June 20, 2015: Happy Fathers' Day!
- June 12, 2015: Flag Day: Our Family’s Unofficial Flag
- May 17, 2015: Census Sunday; Nathaniel & Helen Gardner
- May 10, 2015: Happy Mothers' Day!
- May 5, 2015: Tombstone Tuesday: Taking Time to Locate a Tombstone
- April 26, 2015: Census Sunday: Leopold Gartner family in NYC