The photograph, above, was taken in Germantown, NY. It was the home of my maternal grandparents, Nathaniel & Helen (Coyle) Gardner.
My maternal grandfather, who died long before I was born, was Nathaniel Gardner, born in New York City. Nathaniel is my link to this branch of the family.
My Gartner/Gardner family reaches back to Eastern Europe. Mozes Gartner & Jute Henes were my third great grandparents. Their son, Markusz Gartner was born in 1826 Dukla, Poland. Markusz married Devorah Dora Horn. Their son, Leopold left Hungary for America about 1874.
Read More About
- Alberta Joy (Gardner) Brown 1928 – 1992
- Florence (Gartner) Weissberg 1879 – 1954
- Helen (Coyle) Gardner, 1897 – 1965
- Leopold Gartner 1860 – 1948
- Nathaniel Gardner 1882 – 1944