Florence was born May 1879 in New York City. She was the daughter of Leopold Gartner and Fannie Edelstein. Florence married Frank Samuel Weissberg on 27 January 1907 in Manhattan, NY. Frank Samuel Weissberg was born 26 October 1878 in Austria, the son of Morris Weissberg and Rose Bankin. Florence & Frank had two sons. Her husband died 17 December 1940 in Buffalo, NY. Florence died 19 February 1954 in Buffalo, NY.
Obituary from The Buffalo Courier Express printed a death notice for Frank Samuel Weissberg:
Samuel Weissberg in this city, December 17, 1940, beloved husband of Florence; father of Milton S. and Francis Weissberg. Funeral services will be held from his late residence, 77 Manchester Place, Thursday, December 19th, at 2 p. m. Flowers gratefully declined. Friends invited.
Obituary from The Buffalo Courier express for Florence (Gartner) Weisberg:
Weisberg – Florence, Feb. 19, 1954 of 215 Saranac Ave., wife of the late Samuel Weisberg; mother of Milton S. and Francis; grandmother of Jeffrey and Susan. Funeral services will be held from Mesnekoff’s Delaware Park Memorial Chapel, 2141 Delaware Ave. corner Rand, Sunday, time to be announced later. Friends invited. Flowers gratefully declined. After services the family will be at 22 Bidwell Pkwy. Deceased was a member of the Perseverance Chapter of the Eastern Star.
1 Florence Gartner b: May 1879 in New York, NY, d: 19 Feb 1954 in Buffalo, Erie, NY
…… + Frank Samuel Weissberg b: 26 Oct 1878 in Austria, m: 27 Jan 1907 in Manhattan, NY, d: 17 December 1940 in Buffalo, Erie, NY
…………2 Milton Sydney Weisberg b: 27 Dec 1907 in Buffalo, Erie, NY, d: 07 Oct 1987 in Buffalo, Erie, NY. Milton was an attorney.
………… + Anne Bloom b: 29 Jan 1912 in Buffalo, Erie, NY, m: 26 Dec 1937 in Buffalo, Erie, NY. Anne was a teacher.
………………3 Susan Weisberg
……………… + Bradford Dennison
………………3 Jeffrey M. Weisberg
…………2 Francis Weisberg b: 02 Feb 1915 in Buffalo, Erie, NY
- 1900 Federal Census, Manhattan, NY; 1900; Vol.169, E.D. 804, Sheet 16; Line 64; New York State Library, Albany, NY; Gartner family at 445 East 83rd St., Manhattan.
- 1910 US Census, Buffalo, Erie, New York, SD 14, ED 48, Sheet 6A. Samuel Weissberg on Walnut Street.
- 1915 New York State Census, Erie Co., Buffalo, ED 4, AD 21. Samuel F Weissberg and family at 264 Parkdale Ave.
- 1920 US Census, Buffalo, NY; 1920; Vol.56, E.D. 245, Sheet 5; Line 16; New York State Library, Albany, NY, Microfilm Box #831; NOTES: Frank S. Weisberg Family at 425 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, Eric Co.,NY.
- 1925 New York State Census, Erie Co., Buffalo, AD 4, ED 2, page 30. Frank S Weissberg and family at 386 Grant Street.
- 1930 US Census, Buffalo, Erie, new York, SD 7, ED 15-274, Sheet 17A. Sam Weisberg family on Grant Street.
- 1940 US Census, New York, Erie Co., Buffalo, SD 40, ED 64-505, Sheet 62A. Samuel & Florence Weissberg with Leopold Gardner at 77 Manchester Place.
- 1940 US Census, New York, Erie Co., Buffalo, SD 40, ED 64-508, Sheet 63A. Milton S & Annie B Weisberg at 116 Bidwell Pwky.
- Certificate of Death, NYS Dept of Health, Office of Vital Statistics; Florence Weisberg, d. 19 Feb 1954 in General Hospital, Buffalo; Widowed. husband: Samuel Weisberg. Housewife. Father: Leopold Garnder
- Certificate of Marriage for Samuel Weissberg and Florence Gartner, 27 Jan 1907, #2933, State of New York, City of NY; New York City Department of Records, Municipal Archives, 31 Chambers Street, New York City, NY.