Welcome to all of you family members, genealogists and internet wanderers. My family tree is actually a forest of assorted names and locations. Check out the branches to discover if you share a leaf or two.
Surnames (above and to the right). Here are the main family trees. My goal is to include names, dates, descendants, photographs, documents & sources for my information. These names link to locations & cemeteries. Related? Contact me to share & compare.
Locations (above and to the right). Here you can find my family names associated with each location, useful websites and blogs, books, maps and other resources that are helpful for research there. Do you have a favorite resource: archive, book, website to share? Let me know.
Cemeteries (above). The final resting places of my ancestors. Names, dates, maps & photographs are here.
Also visit my blog, Leaves & Branches for information on my current research, new discoveries, missing ancestors, memories and other miscellaneous posts. See the latest post below.
This website is always changing as I include newly uncovered information. Check back soon for more content! – – – Colleen
- December 5, 2018: 6 December 1868 - 150 Years Ago - Wedding Anniversary - Leaves & Branches
In looking for inspiration for my blog I looked at December birthdays & anniversaries and noticed three significant Ancestor Anniversaries. This is the first and most recent of those three anniversaries from long ago.
My great - great grandparents were married 150 years ago on 6 December 2018.
Augustus Ceaser Gruissy
16 May 1840 OH - 8 Dec 1915 OH
son of Christian Gruissy & Mary Grorisclauss
Esther Barbara Wolf
14 Jan 1836 OH - 11 Aug 1906 OH
daughter of John Franklin Wolf & Elisabeth Burkholder
Married 6 December 1868, Stark County, Ohio
They were married for 38 years before Esther's death.
Augustus was married three times. This was his second marriage.
- MARRIAGE: Family History Center Microfilm #897630. 1868 - 1872 Marriage Records, Stark County, Ohio. Page 82. Augustus Gruissy and Esther B. Wolf married on 6 December 1868 by Justice of the Peace J. M. Truly.
- 1870 United States Census, Village of West Lebanon, Paint Township, Wayne County, Ohio, Line 27, Page 28. The August Gurnsey family.
- 1880 U.S. Census, Medina County, Ohio; 1880; Vol 44, E.D. 199, Sheet 41; Line 26; National Archives, Pittsfield Region, Mass., T767Roll48; Note: Augustus Gruissy, Wife Esther, 5 daughters, living in Wadsworth Twp.
- Family interviews, Gruissy letters, etc.
Go to Leaves & Branches to leave a comment on the post.