Alberta Joy (Gardner) Brown 1928 NY – 1992 NY
The photograph, above, was taken August 1966 in Atlantic City, NJ when Delbert & Joy (Gardner) Brown were on vacation with their children.
Alberta Joy (Gardner) Brown was born 26 March 1928 in Bronx, New York City. She was the daughter of Nathaniel Gardner and Helen F. Coyle. On 8 August 1948, in New York, she married Delbert Keith Brown. They had four children. She died 10 August 1992 and is buried in Germantown Cemetery, NY.
- 1930 US Census, Bronx, NY, Microfilm Roll #1476, ED 3-400, Block N, Page 143, Lines 88 – 90; National Archives, Pittsfield, MA. Nathaniel Gardner family living at 1527 Plymouth Ave, Bronx, NY.
- 1933 – 1934 New York City Directory (Boroughs of Manhattan and the Bronx), Microfilm Box #75, page 1304; National Archives, Pittsfield, MA. Nathan and Helen Gardner living at 2854 E 197th.
- 1940 US Census, New York, Bronx, SD 24, ED 3-814, Sheet 11B. Nathan, Helen & Joy Gardner at 2856 E 197 Street.
- Certificate of Birth for Alberta Joy Gardner, 26 March 1928, registered no. 4709, State of New York, City of New York, Department of Health.
- Interviews, family papers, letters, diary, photographs, etc.
Read more about Alberta Joy: