The Michael Coyle Family in New York City.
Michael Coyle, b. 24 November 1870 in County Cavan, Ireland – d. unknown [son of Patrick & Margaret (Brady) Coyle]. He arrived in NYC from Ireland on 11 May 1885. On 9 November 1895 he married Mary Jospehine Mullane, b. August 1867 in Clonmel, County Tipperary, Ireland – d. 17 December 1927 in New York City. Michael was a baker.
In 1900 the Michael Coyle family was living at 159 113th St., Manhattan. 1907 – 1910 they were at 2035 Third Avenue. Beginning 1918 for several years they lived at 223 E 113 St., Manhattan. Michael & his wife had a falling out. He left the family c. 1925. Mary Jo died in 1927. The daughters lived together. Michael was last seen by his daughters about 1930. At this time we do not know what happened to him.
1. Helen Frances (Coyle) Gardner b. 9 January 1897 in New York City – d. 13 October 1965 in Germantown, Columbia County, New York. She married Nathaniel Gardner on 9 May 1921 in New York City. They had one child, Alberta Joy (Gardner) Brown.
2. Francis Patrick Coyle b. July 1898 in New York City – d. 7 December 1899 in New York City.
3. Marion J. (Coyle) McCall Kunemund b. 19 March 1900 in New York City – d. 9 January 1991 in Arizona. She married James Joseph McCall [son of Daniel & Elizabeth (Noye) McCall] on 5 April 1931 in Bronx, New York. James died 25 March 1944 in Manhattan, New York. She married William F. Kunemund on 21 December 1967 in Bronx, New York. William died 20 February 1987.
4. Marguerite Christina (Coyle) Marshall b. 24 December 1901 in New York City – d. 13 March 1980 in Arizona. She married Wilfred S. Marshall 29 December 1933 in Bronx, New York. The marriage was brief.
5. Thomas A. Coyle b. c. 1904 in New York City – d. after 1930.
6. Lillian Agnes Coyle b. 18 September 1911 in New York City – d. 3 June 1987 in Arizona. unmarried
7. Kathleen Gloria Coyle b. 31 October 1916 in New York City – d. 21 November 2007 in Arizona. unmarried
Moat, Co Cavan, Ireland. Birthplace of Michael Coyle
- Michael Coyle Baptism, Family History Library Microfilm #101217 Pg 121 #470 Immigration Family History Library Microfilm #1027354 Passenger Lists #535, Boat Servia, Passenger #540
- Naturalization Certificate, Court of Common Pleas, CT, 25 October 1894
- Marriage Certificate #17416, N.Y.C.,N.Y.;1895;Bureau of Records, Health Department, N.Y.C. 9 Nov 1895, Michael Coyle & Mary Mullane
- 1900 US Census, Manhattan, 159 113th Street, Michael Coyle family
- 1910 US Census, Manhattan, Third Avenue, Michael Coyle family
- 1920 US Census, New York City, 223 113th Street, Manhattan, Michael Coyle family
- 1940 US Census, New York, Queens, SD 48, ED 41-1744, Sheet 6A. Marguerite, Lillian & Kathleen Coyle at 3E Burns Street.
- New York City Directory, 1916 – 1917, A-S, Manhattan & Bronx; Page 524; New York State Library, Microfilm Box #62; NOTE: Home 223 E113th.