Emmaline (Smith) Brown was my second great grandmother and our entry into the Smith family. What could be more fun than researching Browns and Smiths marrying? At this time our Smith line extends back to Jeremiah Smith, Sr., b. 1755.
Read more about these Smiths:
- Calvin Smith 1812 – 1843
- Emmaline (Smith) Brown 1831 – 1920
- Euseba (Fortenberry) Smith 1809 – 1878
- Jeremiah Smith, Sr. 1755 – c1827
- Jeremiah Smith 1773 – 1843
- Jeremiah Smith 1821 – 1894
- Joanna (Dillon) Smith 1778 – c1821
- Martha P (Smith) Alford 1802 – 1861
- Mavis M (Brown) Smith 1897 – 1928
- Wyatt Smith 1809 – 1894
- Adrianne Fortenberry Criminger, THE FORTENBERRY FAMILIES OF SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI; 1677-1984; South Carolina, Southern Historical Press, Inc, 1984
- Boyd, Gregory A. Family Maps of Pike County, Mississippi. Deluxe. Norman, Oklahoma: Arphax Publishing Co., 2005.
- Conerly, Luke Ward. Pike County Mississippi, Pioneer Families & Confederate Soldiers, 1798 – 1876. 2008 Edition. Madison, Georgia: Southern Lion Books, 1909.
- Conerly, Luke Ward, Source Records From Pike County, Mississipppi 1798-1910; 1798-1910; South Carolina, Southern Historical Press, 1989
- Creel, Bevin J. A Patriot’s Legacy: The Family of Richard Dillon and Ann Lawrence From Bertie County, North Carolina To Southern Mississippi and Louisiana. Franklinton, Louisiana: Privately Printed, 2002.
- Magee, Zuma Fendlason. Selected Obituaries from Louisiana (Washington & Tangipahoa Parishes) and from Mississippi (Pike, Walthall & Marion Counties). Volume II. Franklinton, Louisiana: Privately printed, 1976. From Franklinton Library, LA.
- Parish, Ray & June Sartin, ‘Cemetery Inscriptions Pike County, Mississippi 1750 – 1978’
- The Jeremiah Smith, Sr. Bible, c. 1800 – 1917, Bible in possession of Mrs. W. C. Uhlman, Rte. 6, Tylertown, Mississippi. Copy given to me by Pat (Brock) Smith.
- Williams, E. Russ. Abstracts of Obituaries from the Minutes of the Magee’s Creek Baptist Association (Mississippi and Louisiana), 1882 – 1924. Monroe, Louisiana: Privately printed, 1978. From the Louisiana Archives, Baton Rouge, LA.
- Williams, Jr., Ernest Russ. A Potpourri of Historical Data concerning the Founding Families and Individuals of Washington Parish, Louisiana, 1798 – 1860. Monroe, LA: Northeast Louisiana University, 1990. 976.311
- Williams, Jr., E. Russ. History of Washington Parish, Louisiana 1798 – 1992. I. 1994. 976.311
Related Posts from Leaves & Branches
[rssinpage rssfeed=’http://leavesnbranches.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/-/Smith’ rssformat=’x: Y’ rssdateformat=’F j, Y’ rssitems=’10’]