David Mark was born 24 May 1856 in Congress, Wayne, Ohio. He was the son of Abraham Mark and Mary Isabella Heffelfinger. On 17 April 1879 he married Mary Ann Clason. He died 8 February 1951 in Creston, Wayne, Ohio.
“David Mark, 95, died Thursday evening at the home of his grandson, Ralph Van Zile, of Creston. David was born at Armstrong Station, May 24, 1856, and was a retired farmer. Surviving are two sons, John of Albuquerque, N. Mexico, James of Boaz, Ala. A Daughter, Mrs. Susie Van Zile, died four years ago. Also surviving are five grandchildren. Friends may call at the Murray funeral home in Creston Saturday afternoon and evening. Funeral services will be held at the funeral home Sunday at 3 p. m. and burial will be made in the Creston cemetery.”
1 David Mark b: 24 May 1856 in Congress, Wayne, Ohio, d: 08 Feb 1951 in Creston, Wayne, OH
…… + Mary Ann Clason b: December 1867 in OH, m: 17 April 1879, d: Bet. 1900–1910
…………2 James Benton Mark b: 07 February 1880 in Wayne, Ohio
…………2 Ella Mark b: 23 August 1882 in Wayne, Ohio, USA
…………2 Suzie B. Mark b: May 1887 in Ohio, USA, d: Abt. 1947
………… + Van Zile
………………3 Ralph Van Zile
…………2 John Mark b: November 1890 in Ohio
…… + Mary Holderbaum
- Wayne County Ohio Marriage Records, Volume 9, page 244.
David Mark and Mary Ann Clason, 17 April 1879
- 1880 U. S. Census, Wayne, Wayne, Ohio, SD 6, Page 1
- Birth Records of Wayne County, Ohio, 1867 – 1908. Page 149 David Marks & Mary A. Clason Canaan Township James Benton, male, b. Feb 7, 1880 Ella, female, August 23, 1882
- 1900 US Census, Davis Township, Stark County, Indiana, SD13 ED 143, Sheet 8A. David Mark
- Wayne County Probate COurt Records 4792, Guardians Bond, 9 April 1886. “Isabel Mark has this day been appointed by the Probate Court of Wayne County, in the State of OHio, Guardian of David Mark and Edwin Mark and of their estate.”
- 1910 US Census, Wayne, Wayne, Ohio, SD 16, ED 183, Sheet 1A
David Mark, 53 Widowed
- Certificate of Death for David Mark, 8 February 1951, Registrar’s #32, Division of Vital Statistics, Ohio Department of Health, Wayne Co. Health Dept., 203 S Walnut Street, Wooster.
- “David Mark, 95, of Creston Dies.” Wooster Daily Record Feb 9, 1951: 2.