Also spelled as: Fortinberry & Faulkenberry
Read about the Fortenberry family:
- Burrell Taylor Fortenberry 1820 – 1863
- Calvin Kennington Fortenberry 1806 – 1877
- Euseba (Fortenberry) Smith 1809 – 1878
- Gasua Chapman Fortenberry 1805 – 1884
- Jacob Faulkenberry b. c. 1715
- John Faulkenberry b 1740
- William J. Fortenberry c1772 – 1842
Resources for Fortenberry/Fortinberry/Faulkenberry Research:
- 1820 Lancaster County, South Carolina Census. FHL 975.745
- Arnold, Jr., Stanley W., and Louise Anderson. Marion County Mississippi Cemeteries. 2nd Printing. North Little Rock, Arkansas: Custom Printing, 1988.
- Boyd, Gregory A. Family Maps of Pike County, Mississippi. Deluxe. Norman, Oklahoma: Arphax Publishing Co., 2005. [Other counties available from publisher]
- Conerly, Luke Ward. Pike County Mississippi, Pioneer Families & Confederate Soldiers, 1798 – 1876. 2008 Edition. Madison, Georgia: Southern Lion Books, 1909.
- Criminger, Adrianne Fortenberry. The Fortenberry Families of Southern Mississippi. South Carolina: Southern Historical Press, 1984.
- Ellis, Joanne. Lancaster County, SC Cemetery Date. I. Lancaster, SC: DD, Inc., 1995. FHL 975.745
- Faulkenberry, Peggy Elliott. The Faulkenberry Family. Can be found at the Lancaster Co Library, SC.
- Fortinberry, G. K. Abstract History of the Fortinberry Family; 1795-1940’s; Family History Center Microfilm #1036152
- Haymon, Serena Abbess. Pike County, Mississippi School Census, 1885. Greenwell Springs, LA.
- Haymon, Serena Abbess. Pike County, Mississippi School Census, 1900.
- Holcomb, Brent H. Lancaster County, South Carolina Deed Abstracts 1787 – 1811. Easley, South Carolina: Southern Historical Press. FHL 975.745
- Jeffcoat, Frances R. Lancaster District 1850 census of the USA. 1984. FHL 975.745
- Moss, Bobby Gilmmore. Roster of South Carolina Patriots in the American Revolution. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1983. [David Faulkenberry, page 306]
- Small, Otha B. 1810 Lancaster County South Carolina Census. Monroe, North Carolina. FHL 975.745
- White, Virgil D. Genealogical Abstracts of Revolutionary War Pension Files. Volume II: F – M. Waynesboro, Tennessee: The National Historical Publishing Company, 1991. [David Faulkenberry page 1163]
- Williams, E. Russ. Abstracts of Obituaries from the Minutes of the Magee’s Creek Baptist Association (Mississippi and Louisiana), 1882 – 1924. Monroe, Louisiana: Privately printed, 1978. From the Louisiana Archives, Baton Rouge, LA.
Related Posts from Leaves & Branches
- September 19, 2018: Following William G Fortenberry in the Census
- September 16, 2018: Obituary: John K. Fortenberry, 1939 MS
- September 9, 2018: Obituary: Ira William Fortenberry, 1945 MS
- September 1, 2018: Engaged! Fortenberry - Lovett, 1936 MS
- August 26, 2018: Obituary: William Jackson Fortenberry, 1928 MS
- August 19, 2018: Obituary: Sarah Fortenberry Smith, 1943 MS
- August 15, 2018: Fortenberry: Furlough & Marriage, 1945 MS
- July 15, 2018: Obituary: Susan Ryals Fortenberry, 1935 MS
- July 11, 2018: 51st Birthday Celebration, 1946 MS
- November 6, 2017: George Washington in Our Family