My family is related to the Brady family tree through my maternal lines. My grandmother’s grandmother was Margaret (Brady) Coyle. Margaret’s parents were Thomas Brady & Catherine Gibney. This family originated in Ireland with some later branches moving to New Jersey.
Gillespie, Raymond. Cavan: Essays on the History of An Irish County. Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 2004. The essays in this book give evidence of the Brady family in County Cavan as far back as the 1500s. For example,
“The bishop of the diocese [Kilmore] during the very difficult years of the 1580s, 1590s and early seventeenth century was the Franciscan, Richard Brady.”
In this history book, the name Brady is often associated with political or religious controversy.
Read more about:
- Bartholomew Anthony Brady 1866 – 1943
- John Brady 1864 – 1957
- Patrick Brady b. c. 1847
- Thomas Brady d. 1914
Related Posts from Leaves & Branches
- October 26, 2014: CT Research Trip: Pine Grove Cemetery
- October 25, 2014: CT Research Trip: Ansonia City Hall
- October 24, 2014: CT Research Trip: Derby Historical Society
- October 23, 2014: CT Research Trip: The Ansonia Library
- October 19, 2014: Connecticut Research Trip
- October 14, 2014: 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks = Week #41; Thomas Brady; 110 years old?
- June 20, 2014: My Great Great Grands
- June 3, 2014: 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks = Week #22; Margaret Brady; Irish Matriarch
- March 17, 2014: 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks = Week #11; Michael Coyle; Proud to be Irish
- November 11, 2013: Military Monday - Honoring Veterans’ Day