My family is related to the Brady family tree through my maternal lines. My grandmother’s grandmother was Margaret (Brady) Coyle. Margaret’s parents were Thomas Brady & Catherine Gibney. This family originated in Ireland with some later branches moving to New Jersey.
Gillespie, Raymond. Cavan: Essays on the History of An Irish County. Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 2004. The essays in this book give evidence of the Brady family in County Cavan as far back as the 1500s. For example,
“The bishop of the diocese [Kilmore] during the very difficult years of the 1580s, 1590s and early seventeenth century was the Franciscan, Richard Brady.”
In this history book, the name Brady is often associated with political or religious controversy.
Read more about:
- Bartholomew Anthony Brady 1866 – 1943
- John Brady 1864 – 1957
- Patrick Brady b. c. 1847
- Thomas Brady d. 1914
Related Posts from Leaves & Branches
- March 17, 2014: 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks = Week #11; Michael Coyle; Proud to be Irish
- November 11, 2013: Military Monday - Honoring Veterans’ Day
- November 3, 2013: Census Sunday – William Brady & family
- October 29, 2013: Travel Tuesday – Derby, CT – Public Library Research
- October 22, 2013: Travel Tuesday – Derby, CT – City Hall Research
- October 15, 2013: Travel Tuesday – Derby, CT - Preparation
- October 10, 2013: Our 6th Irish Cousin Gathering
- June 15, 2013: Surname Saturday - Alphabetical Ancestors L
- April 13, 2013: Surname Saturday - Alphabetical Ancestors - G
- February 28, 2013: Family History Writing Challenge – Is the End Here?