My family is related to the Brady family tree through my maternal lines. My grandmother’s grandmother was Margaret (Brady) Coyle. Margaret’s parents were Thomas Brady & Catherine Gibney. This family originated in Ireland with some later branches moving to New Jersey.
Gillespie, Raymond. Cavan: Essays on the History of An Irish County. Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 2004. The essays in this book give evidence of the Brady family in County Cavan as far back as the 1500s. For example,
“The bishop of the diocese [Kilmore] during the very difficult years of the 1580s, 1590s and early seventeenth century was the Franciscan, Richard Brady.”
In this history book, the name Brady is often associated with political or religious controversy.
Read more about:
- Bartholomew Anthony Brady 1866 – 1943
- John Brady 1864 – 1957
- Patrick Brady b. c. 1847
- Thomas Brady d. 1914
Related Posts from Leaves & Branches
- April 13, 2013: Surname Saturday - Alphabetical Ancestors - G
- February 28, 2013: Family History Writing Challenge – Is the End Here?
- February 12, 2013: Too Many Toms
- January 19, 2013: Surname Saturday - Alphabetical Ancestors - B
- January 1, 2013: 2013 Genealogy Goals
- December 28, 2012: 2012 Genealogy Goals Revisited
- November 15, 2012: Ancestor Anniversaries, November 15 - 28
- November 7, 2012: Cousins Connect
- October 1, 2012: Ancestor Anniversaries, October 1 - 15
- August 24, 2012: Annual Family Gathering