Casper Ritter 1749 PA – 1822
Casper Ritter lived in Northampton County, PA. In 1772 he was included in the tax list for Bethlehem Twp. Casper was a soldier in the Revolutionary War. Corporal Ritter served in the 7th Company, 4th Battalion of the Northampton Militia. Casper was a member of the Dryland Union Lutheran Church.
Two Casper Ritters served in the Revolutionary War. Read about the uncle & nephew.
- Roberts, Stroudt, Krick, and Deitrich, THE HISTORY OF LEHIGH COUNTY,PENSYLVANIA AND A GENEALOGICAL AND BIOGRAPHICAL RECORD OF IT’S FAMILIES; 1732-1914; Lehigh Valley Pub Co, Ltd., Allentown, Pa., 1914, Vol. III; pp 1054-1063; Lehigh County Historical Society, Old Court House, P.O.Box 1548, Allentown, PA 18105.
- Records of Egypt Reformed Church, Lehigh Co:1734 – 1834, Baptism Reocrd for Solomon Knapenberger, 1785, Page 32, Volume VI, Series 6, PA Archives. Sponsors: Caspar Ritter and wife Ottilia.
- Records of Egypt Reformed Church, Lehigh County:1734 – 1834, Baptism Reocrd for Magdalena Shneck, 1790, Page 40, Volume VI, Series 6, PA Archives. Sponsors: Caspar Ritter and wife Ottilia.
- Corporal Casper Ritter, Ancestor #A096300, National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Research Database.
- Revolutionary War Military Abstract Card File, Records of the Comtroller General of PA, Corporal Caspar Ritter, 4th Battalion, 7th Co.
- 1772 Tax List for Bethlehem Twp., Northampton Co., PA. ancestry.com. Casper Ritter.
- Humphrey, JOhn T. Pennsylvania Births in Northampton COunty, PA: 1733 – 1800. Washington, DC; PA Genealogy Books, 1991.