George Washington Mark 1878 – 1938
George Washington Mark was born 1 April 1878 in Chester, Wayne, Ohio. He was the son of William Mark and Elidia Rebecca Ritter. He married Elizabeth Shifferly (1881 – 1949) on 20 November 1901. George died 16 October 1938 in Chester, Wayne, Ohio. He is buried in Wooster cemetery, Ohio.
“George Mark Dies Sunday. George Mark, aged 60 years, died Sunday evening at 6 o’clock at his home in Chester township. Mr. Mark, who had suffered from a weak heart, was doing his chores when he was stricken, dying very suddenly. Survivors are his wife and the following brothers and sisters: Thomas, Medina; Amos, Chester; Charles, Chester; Mrs. Mary Shaw, Medina; Mrs. Maggie Kauffman, Canton; Emma, Wooster; Mrs. Elva Boreman, Chester; and one half brother, Melvin, Wooster. Funeral Services will be held Wednesday at 2 p. m. from the Bevington & McCullough Funeral HOme, conducted by Rev. F. H. Zaugg. Burial will be made in Wooster cemetery. Friends may call at the Funeral Home Tuesday afternoon and evening.”
- Marriage Record for George Mark and Lizzie Shifferly, 20 Nov 1901, Vol 14, page 420, Wayne Co Probate Court, Court House, 107 W Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio.
- World War One Draft Registration Card 12 Sept 1918
George Mark, 40, b. 1 April 1878
- 1910 US Census Chester, Wayne, Ohio SD 16, ED 160, Sheet 1A, Lines 48-49 George Mark
- 1920 U.S. Census, Wayne Co, Ohio; 1920; ; ; National Archives, Pittsfield, Mass., T625 Roll 1448 (Report); George Mark & Lizzie.
- Certificate of Death; 1938; State of Ohio, Division of Vital
Statistics; Registered #185; George Mark
- “George Mark Dies Sunday.” Daily Record 17 Oct 1938: page 5.
- The Wayne County Genealogical Society. Wooster Cemetery 1852 – 2003. Ohio: Privately Published.