Eslie Guy Mark 1890 – 1972
Eslie Guy Mark was born 2 December 1890 in Chester, Wayne Co., Ohio. He was the son of William Mark and Elidia Rebecca Ritter. In 1920 he was living in Wooster and his occupation was ‘Trapper’. On 15 April 1922 he married Golda Mae Warner. They had three children.
This newspaper article was posted on 4 April 1972 on the occasion of their 50th Anniversary:
“Burbank. Mr and Mrs. Mark of 7660 Garnan Road, Burbank RD will observe their golden wedding anniversary Saturday, April 15. No special celebration is planned due to the ill health of Mr. Mark. Guy Mark and Golda Warner were married in the Medina M. E. parsonage by the Rev. Wallace H. Bryenton on April 15, 1922. The Marks lived in Wooster for four years following their wedding and have lived at their present address for the past 46 years. Mr. Mark was a painter by trade and after retirement bought furs and worked at odd jobs. He was a charter member of the American LegionPost in Wooster and belonged to the Lodi Post No. 523 for many years. The couple enjoy gardening and flowers and formerly belonged to a garden club. Mrs. Mark enjoys participating in church work when her health permits. She is a member of the Lodi American Legion Auxillary. The Marks have one son, Glenn, at home. Two sons are deceased.”
1 Eslie Guy Mark b 2 Dec 1890 Chester, Wayne, OH, d 10 May 1972 Medina, OH
…… + Golda Mae Warner b: 22 Sept 1902 Lodi, Medina, OH, m: 15 April 1922, d: 25 March 1982 Lodi, Medina, OH
…………2 Guy E Mark b: 1923, d: 29 Jan 1945
…………2 Glenn Rollin Mark b: 29 May 1926 Medina, OH, d: 18 July 1989
………… + Eva Lena Moseley b: 15 April 1917 in Albuquerque, Bernalillo, New Mexico, m: 02 Nov 1950 in Bakersfield, Kern, California
………………3 Glenna Carol Mark
…………2 Dana J Mark b: 15 March 1929 Medina, OH, d: 19 March 1929
- Birth record for Samuel G. Mark, 2 Dec 1890, Volume 3, page 104, #15, Wayne Co Probate Court, Court House, 107 W Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio. Parents: William Mark and Rebecca Ritter in Chester.
- Genealogy of William Mark Family; 1844-1965; Compiled by Bertha Flickinger Mark.
- Pension application of William Mark; 1865-1905; Civil War, Ohio Volunteer Inf.,Co.I, 195 Regiment, filed by widow Rebecca Mark, National Archives, Washington, D.C.
- 1900 US Census, Wayne Co., Ohio; 1900; Vol. 155, E.D. 142, Sheet 10; Line 37; Family History Center Micorfilm #1241331; NOTE Chester Township. “Eslie G. Marks”
- 1910 US Census, Chester, Wayne, Ohio, SD 16, ED 160, Sheet 4A
- 1920 US Census, Wooster City, wayne, Ohio Sd 15 ED 221 Sheet 6B Grant Street; Guy Marks
- 1930 US Census Westfield, Median, Ohio ED 52-27 SD 4, Sheet 6A
- Medina County, Ohio Farm & Business Directories 1951, 1953, 1956, 1959
- The Medina County Genealogical Society, Tombstone Inscriptions from the Cemeteries in Medina Co, Ohio, 1983. Evansville, Indiana: Whipporwill Publications, 1984.Page 28. Wadsworth Township. Page 179. Guy E. Mark 1890 – 1972 & Golda Mae Warner 1902 – 1982
- Certificate of Death for Guy E. Mark, 10 May 1972, Ohio Department of Health, Division of VItal Statistics, Medina County Health Department, 4800 Ledgewood Drive, Medina, Ohio.