John D. Brumfield B 1842 lA
John D. Brumfield was born 29 July 1842 In Louisiana. In 1850[i]and 1860[ii]he lived at home. In 1860 he owned 15 slaves.[iii]Like his brothers, he served during the Civil War. He served in Wingfield’s Company C of the 3rdRegiment of the Louisiana Calvary with his brother, Jessie Alexander Brumfield, and several other family members.[iv]
In 1870 he farmed his mother’s land in Washington Parish. His mother was, once again, a widow. His half sisters, Charlotte Angelina (Brumfield) Brock and Courtney Rebecca (Brumfield) Tate also lived with them.[v]In 1880 he still lived with his mother, farming her land.[vi]
John married Zadie Martin. Their sons were John D. T. Brumfield and James H. Brumfield.[vii]They lived in Washington Parish, Louisiana. In 1900 he was a widower with two young sons.[viii] His death is unknown at this time.
1 John D. Brumfield b: 29 July 1842 in Louisiana, d: 01 April 1903
…… + Zadie Martin
…………2 John D. T. Brumfield b: September 1890 in Louisiana
…………2 James H. Brumfield b: July 1892 in Louisiana
- Wallis, Ruth Temple. Descendants of Jacob Ott of South Carolina and Louisiana. Privately printed.
- 1850 Census. Louisiana. taken 31 Oct. 1850. Line 28. N. Bromfield
- 1860 US Census, Washington Parish, Louisiana. Elijah Brumfiel, Martin Brumfield, Josiah Brumfield
- 1880 US Census, Washington, Louisiana SD 1, ED 194, Page 35
- 1900 US Census, Washington, Louisiana SD 6, ED 97, Sheet 21
John D. Brumfield