The Jacob Alford Family
Jacob Alford, son of Julius and Lucy, was born 15 August 1761 in Granville County, North Carolina. He was only ten years old when his father died. His father’s will entitled him to “the Land & plantation whereon I now live lying on both sides Tarr River, together with Six Cows and Calves Six Sows and Piggs [sic] & one breeding mare to him and his heirs forever.” Like his father, Jacob can be found in various counties in North Carolina because those county lines changed several times.
- Luke Ward Conerly, SOURCE RECORDS FROM PIKE COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI 1798-1910; 1798-1910; South Carolina, Southern Historical Press, 1989.
- Alford American Family Association
- “My Alford Heritage” by Carolyn Alford Saunders.
- Heard, Ruby Alford, Gil Alford. “Early Mississippi Alfords.” AAFA Action: The Official Publication of the Alford American Family Association III (1990):p. 35
- Clawson, Alma Dell Magee. Fields of Bloom. Privately printed. 1972.
- Criminger, Adrianne Fortenberry. The Fortenberry Families of Southern Mississippi. South Carolina: Southern Historical Press, 1984.
- Fortinberry, G. K. Abstract History of the Fortinberry Family. Privately Printed. 1942. Family History Center microfilm #1036152.